Sprucing Up Your Curb Appeal
If you plan to sell your Massachusetts home in the near future, curb appeal is essential. Even the smallest of touches, such as a fresh coat of paint, can make all the difference. Not only will these things pique a buyer's interest, it could even translate to a higher offer price.
If you’re looking to increase your curb appeal before posting that for sale sign on the lawn, call a trusted Weymouth exterior painter to give your home a makeover.
Exterior Painting Tips
- Paint: Painting your whole house is the best way to wow your buyers. Just be sure not to go too bold – stick with a light, neutral color such as gray or beige.
- Roof: Inspect the roof and make sure it is in good working order. It should complement your exteriors well.
- Front Door: Switch out your existing front door with a new one or repaint it.
- Window Boxes: Colorful flowers and plants can really brighten up your exteriors and make things look homey.
- Trim and Molding: If you really want to make your house pop, add fresh, clean trim. This is where you can get creative. Add a bold accent color if you have a neutral house color.
- Railings: Make sure they are secure, safe and well maintained. Make necessary repairs and paint them, as well as the porch. If you have a deck, seal and stain it.
- Replace House Numbers with shiny new numbers that are clearly visible from the street.
- Mailboxes: Update to a cleaner, sleeker model.
- Handles and Locks: Replace or refresh doorknobs and locks.
- Lights: Update and add lighting fixtures.
- Match Hardware: Make sure your light fixtures, mailbox, doorknobs, and house numbers match.
- Fences and Gates: Add or refresh any decorative fences and gates to show off your property.
Lawn and Garden Additions
- Planters: Add planters to your yard, walkway and porch.
- Gardening and Landscaping: Prune and tidy up your garden, and make sure your landscape is trimmed and neat. Add mulch and redefine borders.
- Plant Trees: If your yard is wide open and bare, consider adding some decorative trees and bushes to fill out those spaces.
Interior Painting Tips
Curb appeal extends to the inside of your house as well. Hire an interior painter to repaint all rooms and hallways for the best results.
- Paint your cabinets for an instant refresh of your kitchen.
- Paint the entryway to match the porch in an effort to create flow and increased curb appeal when buyers open the door.
- Give the bathroom a mini makeover with a coat of paint and new fixtures.
- Touch up any scuff marks, dirty fingerprints or other imperfections on walls, especially those in high-traffic areas.
TB Services Painting Weymouth, MA
Now that you have your 2023 curb appeal checklist, give our Plymouth - Needham painters a call to help you check off every item! Get a free paint consultation and quote when you contact us at 781-901-2294.